Optician Apprentice: Roswell, Georgia
The Optician Apprentice will be trained from the ground up on how to utilize the necessary skills to become a full Optician. Training will be conducted by an Optician, Optometrist, & additional eye care staff to ensure accuracy and efficiency. Hands on, verbal, online, and review of all materials will be closely monitored as the apprentice progresses. Attention to detail is of the utmost importance. The following skills will be learned;
- Comprehension of patient charts, and utilizing prescriptions for eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Dispensing, fitting, and adjusting eyewear.
- Contact lens insertion and removal
- Insurance verification, authorization, application, and filing.
- Implementation and notation of Visual Field tests, Fundus Photography, Auto-refraction/Keratometry, Tonometry, & lensmeter neutralization.
- Detailed understanding and ability to explain human anatomy as it relates to the eye.
- Optical formulas and theory.
- Customers service and sales skills to promote a satisfactory experience for each patient.
Additional duties include assisting team members to complete tasks, reporting, organization, attending team meetings, closing/opening, and additional duties explained at interview.
This is a Full-Time Position Monday through Friday.
(Hours & Days are Subject to change as the practice grows)
Pay Starts at $10.00 with no prior optical experience.
Experienced Opticians may apply and the pay rate may be discussed depending on the level of experience.
This position is located in Roswell, Georgia. The Optician Apprentice may be asked to work in both location for training purposes. Initial interviews will be held in Atlanta, Georgia.
For more information about the New Roswell Location CLICK HERE